Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Grade

Gregory started first grade this year! YIKES!! Am I getting old or is he just getting older?? I guess it is both. Oh well. His teachers' name is Mrs. Williams. She is a lovely lady and he really seems to like her. They have already had a spelling test. My boy received his first 100! I am so very proud of him. Though he is not much for wanting to do the homework required!

We are in week 3 of school this year and I really miss my boy. I admit I do now understand the staples or is it walmart commercial that sing the christmas song....Its the most wonderful time of the year!!! That being said it is nice to have a break. We do get at each other very easily by the end of the summer. He IS my boy, just like his Mama. We both always have to have the last word. It is very frustrating.

Rikk and my Mom both have said how alike Gregory and I are. Well, what can I say...we spend so much time together that I am just rubbing off on him. Good and bad qualities! Kallie seems to be just like me as well. Oh man...poor Rikk!

I cannot believe that I am already looking forward to half days of school! I miss him wanting to snuggle in the afternoon. We are usually quite busy once school is out. Softball...Dance....or Soccer. By the time we get home its a hurried dinner and to off to bed he goes. 7:00 comes very quickly~to his dismay!

No comments: